Monday, December 19, 2011

Darkness

Author's Note: We just started the second book of Life of Pi and he is now in the middle of the ocean just watching days go by.  I thought about that and to me it made a good idea for a poem.  This poem is in the tragedy mode.  I wrote this in an open format and in the point of perspective of Pi.  Please leave some feedback.

I sit here cold and lonely
in darkness.
With nothing before me but
death and blood --
a horrifying stench of blood.
I look away.

I sit here...
and wonder what might be
lurking beneath me.
Waves silent and still,
I'm waiting for them to start to churn
and see what will come out --
and take me.

So wait and wait...
In hope that I'll be found.
Staring out into nothing.
Not even a star in the sky --
Only clouds and darkness.

2 comments:

  1. That was a really good poetic response to Life of Pi. It clearly illustrated what happened in the last few chapters in Life of Pi. I liked how you wrote it in the mode of tragedy. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a sting of sadness reading the poem....mission accomplished Mai. Your usage of the tragedy mode is very effective.

    ReplyDelete