Friday, February 3, 2012

Passion

Author's Note: I went to Starbucks yesterday, and I sat by the fire place in the comfy chairs.  Yesterday I just thought of the fire place as warm and beautiful.  Then today I remembered when Mr. Johnson was teaching me about how fire represents people's passions.  This poem is really about everything I love as I live my life.  Please leave feedback.

A blanket of warmth wraps around me,
as I look in the fire.  
The more I gaze,
The more I think,
The more time slips by…

Glowing flames of red and orange,
remind me of campfires, picnics, parties
with family and friends --
Who I will always love.

Crackle of fire and music surrounding me
bring in a peaceful melody.
Like the playing of a piano,
or the strum of a guitar.

Swaying flames move simply,
dancing with innocence.
And growing smaller and smaller…
living life.

Feeling the warmth touch my skin,
as I look in the fire.
The more I gaze,
The more I think,
The more time slips by…

4 comments:

  1. Really Liked the poem. It shows off some of your best writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is a really great piece. I loved the form of it, and one of my favorite techniques is the repeating of stanzas at the beginning and end... It was really a visual poem, and you did a great job. I love reading your poetry, and out of all of the ones I have read, this one is my favorite. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Job! I liked how you used the metaphor of the fire being a piano and a guitar. The use of the repeating pattern shows that this is really advanced writing. I'd like to see you do more of this on The Sign of Four blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this poem, and what's more, the melancholy note at the end. It would have been easy to just let it end with a sort of romantic ending, but it felt to me like you really wanted to think about something more serious. You should consider copying this over to the other blog, the Sign of Four.

    ReplyDelete