Thursday, February 16, 2012

David's Hearbeat

Author's Note: On Friday we went to see David's Heartbeat. Sydney Kaine and Riah VandeZande worked hard to put the trip together. In this piece, I am responding to the experience of the trip.

Before David's Heartbeat, I had never gone to a ballet. I had wanted to see my friend dance in the Nutcracker, but I never got to go. On the day of David's Heartbeat, I had some excitement built up in me; I just wanted to go see the ballet. As we arrived to the church I was gradually getting more eager, but then we had to wait for what felt like 30 minutes before the show started. When the lights dimmed and the music began to play my eyes were set on the stage.

The dancers looked so graceful and beautiful as they danced across the stage with their dresses flowing behind them. The music, lights, and narration supported the ballet as well. I loved how each scene elegantly and uniquely displayed the story of David.

Throughout the ballet I kept my eye out for Sydney. She seemed so happy to be there, doing something she loves. Though her role was not very big, she performed incredibly which made the difference. When the show concluded, I gave Sydney a hug and told her that she did wonderfully. Hopefully I inferred how much I appreciated her and Riah’s initiative to set up the trip.

David’s Heartbeat was an enjoyable time spent outside of school and with friends. Seeing the ballet was unlike any other trip, but just as fun and entertaining. I had a memorable time and hopefully we can go on other unique field trips like David’s Heartbeat.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautifully written, and conveys a beautiful sentiment. What a wonderful thing to take away from the experience.

    ReplyDelete